• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ballistix Tracer 2.5-2-2-6 @ 270MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I got this 512mb stick burning up at 3.1v, but was able to pull some sweat latencies with it. No, it isn't stable. I think if I could keep the heat down on it, it would run fine. If I could fix the heat problem I could try for some more voltage.
270-2-2-6.jpg

I haven't messed with any alpha timings either. Is there any way to adjust some of these using A64 tweaker?

Here is what my settings are currently at.

a64tweaker.jpg

that seems about right for Micron chips.... the can go pretty high with 2.5-2-2-x timings. Keep a fan on those chips before you hurt them.

I am using an AMD approved heatsink fan that really doesn't cool them that well. I think I would have better luck strapping a couple of 80mm's on there to keep them cool.

What about the alpha timings? RedDragon mentioned something about enabling ECC to someone else. So I tried it myself and had like a 10 second gap to close the app in the task manager before windows froze. Is there anything else I can try?

trc and trfc.. try something around 8/10
also, loosen max async latency to 7ns

what drive strength are you using? (if you have the option in the bios)

I have no drive strength options. If so what whould they be?

Has anyone had problems using A64 Tweaker v.05 Beta or v.06 Beta? I am having problem with both:shrug:. Anytime I make the slightest adjustment then go resart the pc it locks up. I have to end the task in the task mananger right as the app starts.

Last edited:
Back