• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 (2x1GB) OR Ballistix DDR500 (2x1GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ballistix FTW. my thoughts are, that if a possibly hand picked sample shown on XS cant beat regular old ballistix from like newegg, then imagine what a set from the egg might do. if also depends on your rig. with that high multi of your on the 148, id recommend some of the OCZ pc4000 EB, the stuff rated to 3-2-3-8.

Running this Gskill at 2.5-3-3-7 at 210. I know it doesn't seem that great but paired with my FX55 I am liking what I see.

agreed. id personally choose ballistix still, but man ohh man that OCZ EB is looking to be a top competator. and EB means they are using micron IC's. specifically the -5b D ic's, which Crucial uses for ballistix.

Wow, not too bad at 267x11 3-4-4-8

gskill2kn.jpg

Last edited:
Rattle said:
yeah that probably gives you way more performance than 210X14 did...

nice rig man :)

over 1200 better

These G.Skills are impressive for the price.

270 was a no-go.

only running about 2.55v through them.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
throw that vdimm up higher! 2.7-2.8v should get you probably 280.

2.65 helped reduce errors at 270, but any higher vidimm didn't help even with active cooling. This memory likes low voltage. I'm very happy with 267 and the performance I am getting.

looks like its pretty solid ram for the money. 1gig sticks that do ddr533 is pretty solid for only 270. if you figure it out thats only 135 a gig, which is less then most of the expensive UTTs and TCCD/5s.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
looks like its pretty solid ram for the money. 1gig sticks that do ddr533 is pretty solid for only 270. if you figure it out thats only 135 a gig, which is less then most of the expensive UTTs and TCCD/5s.

Well I only paid $255 and I'm sure hardcore OCers will get better results than I did.

Rattle said:
$253 on the egg, man I'm so tempted to sell these 4200 plats and get some.

+shipping

I decided to get em and sell my Mushkin HP3200's. I'd say go for it, you will be pleased, especially since you have a DFI Ultra!

Back