• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Quad Royal, 4 GRAPHICS CARDS!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know I have been wondering why you really need (2) $400 video cards? I mean I have run battlefront with full everything on a 6600gt and it works just great(no slowdown). Am I missing something? What game would tax the 6600GT? And now quad sli? :shrug:

4 x $300 or $400 video = $1200 to $1600...... :bang head

Shawn

Try F.E.A.R. on high everything, and AA AF, etc. I have seen 7800GTXs totally taxed on that game... so yeah... SLI would help, quad SLI? Overkill, considering Nvidia does not support quad vids and does not have drivers for them, thus the quad-sli mobo is worthless for the time being.

trigger_sad said:
Try F.E.A.R. on high everything, and AA AF, etc. I have seen 7800GTXs totally taxed on that game... so yeah... SLI would help, quad SLI? Overkill, considering Nvidia does not support quad vids and does not have drivers for them, thus the quad-sli mobo is worthless for the time being.
I will have to try that and see. :)

But what is the difference between the 2. I mean is there a huge difference between running a $200 card(with most of the stuff high) and playing at a good framerate, then playing with 2 $400+ cards with everything on and still good framerate? Can you tell the difference?

i think that has been posted before but there wasn't that much info if i remember right noce find ;)

Back