• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 Prem BIOS 0519?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
LOL. I went to Asus' site to update drivers. I noticed a BIOS 0519 listed on there, so I downloaded it while I was at it. I installed it, everything works fine, not much seems to be different from the 0512 I've been using.

So, after I get it installed, I go back to get the linky so I could post it here for everyone, but it's not available on the site anymore!? I dunno. It wasn't available for download on the US server when I tried to d/l it, so I just used the Global server. I checked both the German and Taiwan Asus FTP sites and there's nothing close to the filename I downloaded (WD2P0519) under the P5WD2 Prem or Beta folders.

Beats the crap out of me, but if anyone wants it, I have it :D

You might be better off with one of the 120mm Swiftech kits. The first review I came across for the CM kit was here. Granted, there is a lot of airflow restriction from the case where they have the rad mounted (I have the same case), but the results are only really noticeable at full load and with the fan on high (which seems loud from the review). There's no diff from the stock Intel HSF with the fan on low. It's compact and cheap, but I dunno if I would personally mount the pump (which gives off heat) to the block you're trying to cool ;)

You'd probably be much better off with this. Hurry, it's refurb and only $50 more than the CM because of it ;) I guarantee at least the Swiftech pump and block are better than the CM kit.

That is strange. It's the same link you just provided. Also, the same link found at xtremesystems.

I never even knew it was available or ther was a link on XS, but oh well.

Alchemy, you copied the shortened text from the XS thread or something insted of the actual url. If you hold your mouse over the link you created above and look in the status bar, you'll see there's "do...P5WD2" in the link instead of the complete url ;)

I was trying to download a new BIOS last night and went to the USA site and there wasn't anything but 0422. Now, today, there is the 0519. I come back an hour later to download it and it's gone and now the 0512 is there instead. Why must Asus play these brutal games with my head? Especially when I can't get my system to run stable for ten minutes...

I downloaded it, installed, and there is nothing to report over the 509 that I have been running for the last month or so.

xtatdsm said:
I downloaded it, installed, and there is nothing to report over the 509 that I have been running for the last month or so.

That's what I have been reading. I wonder what problems this bios was supposed to address. The only thing I have read is there is better support of optical drives.

Has anyone using or tried bios version 0519 noticed that there is an extra Secondary IDE Channel in Device Manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there should only be two Primary IDE Channels and one Secondary IDE Channel but after i updated the bios to 0519 there is two Primary IDE Channels and two Secondary IDE Channels.

^^ I am pretty sure all of the BIOSes I've used have 2 Primary and Secondary IDEs.

That's what I have been reading. I wonder what problems this bios was supposed to address. The only thing I have read is there is better support of optical drives.
Yeah, I think it just fixed an issue with one or two specific optical drives and some other really minor stuff I don't even remember. It doesn't seem OC any better or worse than 0509 or 0512, so I'll just keep it ;)

The only thing I noticed is my proc seems to be running cooler. Don't know how a BIOS could effect that. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

BigStan said:
The only thing I noticed is my proc seems to be running cooler. Don't know how a BIOS could effect that. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

I felt the same way too, well I am not very sure, but it seems my CPU temps droped by 1c but my MB went up by 1C too.

My temp went down by a degree as well(they are still too high :eh?: ). The only problem I am having is I cannot find the setting to turn off the cpu fan option. I had it turned off when I was using 0509 just a few seconds ago, but now I cannot find the option in this bios. Maybe I am just overlooking it.

Noobish question (sorry!) but my old Intel board had a windows utility to flash the BIOS... as per my other posts I'm thinking this update may help my temperature issue, but is there a similar windows flash utility for Asus? Failing that can anyone advise me how I can flash the BIOS without a FDD installed? I can install one if necessary, but thought I'd check first before the hassle of doing so :bang head

Back