• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a tiny problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

i went to my local Comp Show and paid for my new ram and for some reason I didnt look well enought at it. I paid for a 1Gb stick of pc3200 and 1 512k stick of same. I bought Corsair but found she gave me the 512 stick in Kingston.

Will these two work together or do I need to go to north Hollywood and exchange it?

Corsair Value Select: VS1GB400C3. On the chip K4H510838C-UCCC
Kingston Value Ram: KVR400X64C25/512. On the chip D3208DL7T-5A 0523PT04

I dont want to open the Pkgs if they dont work in cinc. :shrug:

THey'll work, but not in dual channel. Also, your system will decrease to the lowest speed and highest latencies of the two. Youd be better off going back and getting 2x1gb of the same type, or 2 x512 of the same type.

No. Dual channel RAM needs to be identical. Even then you may not get dual channel. This is one of the areas that you need to really be careful when reading the mitherboard maufacturers compatability reports.

Trying to OC different RAM modules sounds like a nightmare to me. Probably no possible.

Back