• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FedEx follies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mortimer

Ordered two SATA disks, a case, and power supply from mwave.com six days ago. Ground shipping from California. They tried to deliver yesterday and the day before. I was surprised by the speed, takes about 24 hours to drive from there to here. Would not leave the case because of 'high' value. Had no problem leaving the disk drives on the front porch. The drives cost a *lot* more. So I went to fedex.com this morning to see that the case and power supply were put on a truck in the very wee hours of the morning. Stayed home all day waiting. No delivery. Called the ever so friendly FedEx customer service (hit the pound key three times to escape the automated system) and was told that ground shipping does not happen on Saturday (today). I then asked why the web site told me that the case was put on the truck for delivery. Was told that it was 'probably' left on the truck. I then asked why I could not just pick the case up at the local Fedex site. Nope, you see, the package was on the truck! This sucks big time.

Yeah, I don't like FedEx. They left $200 worth of ram on my front door step this week:mad:.

no its not, if you sign the waiver for them to leave it in a certain place and it gets stolen then its your fault, and they don't have to do anything. Now if they leave it and you never signed the waiver then yes they must replace it

I know but im saying I personally know someone who had this happen and didnt authorize it i mean i dont know why anyone would say oh ok sure leave something over $100 on my porch and we'll just hope that it doesnt get stolen while im away.. lol

Yeah, I have no idea what happened. I did not authorize anything to be left any where. This is why I usually order through UPS and I preffer USPS.

Alchemy1 said:
Yeah, I have no idea what happened. I did not authorize anything to be left any where. This is why I usually order through UPS and I preffer USPS.

There has been proof all over that UPS treats packages the worst, few days ago I saw one with a security camera rolling the UPS guy drives up walks 5 ft and throws a packages over a bunch of bushes and u hear it hit what seems to be the front door... FedEx Rocks... USPS is meh. UPS Blows.

i got a UPS horror story too. look at the way the box my 6200 came back from leadtek in looks like!

100_0693.sized.jpg

100_0694.sized.jpg

100_0695.sized.jpg

Fedex is just...off the ball sometimes, UPS is just down Right ABUSIVE! i use USPS for all my shipping needs.

UPS just delievered some chinese wooden trays. Say about 5 of them in a box. Box looks worse then your's CCUA and guess what? All of them were broken. :rolleyes:

Man, you guys have bad luck. I have been lucky enough to not have any problems with UPS. Like I said though I prefer USPS for the simple fact I am a grad student and I am gone all day at meetings, class, or doing experiments in lab. So, I ALWAYS miss the UPS/FedEx delivery person. If I miss either of them I have to drive 20+ minutes to the nearest distro center and go pick it up. Which doesn't sound like a big deal, but the last time I went to the UPS distro center here I waited 30 minutes before they could even find my package. Now, if I miss the mail carrier I can just drive 3 miles and go pick it up at my local branch of the postoffice in like 20 minutes round trip. BTW, let me knock on wood about my UPS comments...I have a 2005FPW on the way soon :)

My FedEx rep told me recently that FedEx is now going to leave packages at the door, unless they are shipped as "signature required". UPS already does this for the most part, and FedEx is following suit.

This means even if you have a $2000 package, they'll leave it at your door unless you request to have it shipped with requiring a signature. The problem is, signature required adds $5+ dollars to the shipping cost. So just an FYI to all of you, if you don't want them left on your door you've to to pay the extra and reques the signature. At least, this according to my FedEx rep...

wrangler88 said:
my dad works at UPS as a truck driver and doesnt even ship his own stuff with them and he gets a discount! ah ha!

lol thats awesome !!

I hate UPS personally its either fedex or USPS for me.

I *got* the case today! They don't deliver on Mondays per the web site. I guess that the complaint dept. does work.

As an aside for the previous post. I didn't ask for signature, mwave might have.

I order from both Fedex and UPS and USPS Alot and can say that fedex always get me my stuff on time but will ALWAYS leave it outside in the carport if im not here no matter what it is. UPS always gets here on time but never comes by until about 7:00p.m. when you would think " how the hell could he still be delivering ? " so im always here to get it. USPS brings it very very early via my postal worker who i dont like very much so i dont order USPS :p.

USPS is fedex's biggest customer, the box in that pic hardly has anysratches to what I've before, boxes almost turned inside out cruched so badley, and most damage isnt done by the handlers, but in the sorting process. UPS does blow, and fedex express delivers on saturdays dont know about fedex ground though.

Nathan0490 said:
There has been proof all over that UPS treats packages the worst... FedEx Rocks... USPS is meh. UPS Blows.

And, that is especially true, here in the Phoenix area!

UPS is without a doubt the worst shipper around, and would be, even if a kid used his little red wagon!

A couple of years ago, I won a t-shirt from a well known mothertboard maker, who also makes video cards. (Check my sig & rank.)

T-shirt came in a video card box, from a well-known video card maker. When it arrived, the box was so crushed, that it was softer than the t-shirt.

I'll post when I have a problem with FedEx, or USPS. So far, they are batting 1.000. UPS's batting average, is not enough to get them a job on a minor league team!

Funny thing, it depends on where you live, as to what kind of service you get. Here, in the Valley of the Sun, steer clear of UPS! (Or, if you are shipping to me, use a kid with a little red wagon, over UPS! :D)

steve

Back