• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patript and Asrock a good combination

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

Patriot and Asrock a good combination

I replaced my chaintech S1689 w/ Asrock ULi1695 and sofar I am able to overclock my A64 3000 Venice to 8x282=2538 mhz. My patriot 2x512 xblk is set to DDR460 2-3-3-7. I did 1:1 @ 255 (DDR510), but wasn't able to go higher. This board is 2 days old and am sure can do better after learning all the tricks. I ran SiSandra benchmark, as you can see in this Screenshot, and would like your inputs. Please let me know if this is any good. If you have this same board and gotten better results than mine, specially on the ram running higher @ 1:1, please tell me how I can improve mine.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mate,

Patriot XBLK's love to work at 2.9V, 2.5-3-4-x. All the 300MHz+ results I have seen (and from personal experience) use these timings. Try loosening your CAS to 2.5 and watch them fly!

S-N

Super Nade said:
Mate,

Patriot XBLK's love to work at 2.9V, 2.5-3-4-x. All the 300MHz+ results I have seen (and from personal experience) use these timings. Try loosening your CAS to 2.5 and watch them fly!

S-N
Thank you Super Nade. Right now I am @ 9x285 using 2-3-3-7, 166mhz divider. I will try your timing table and will see if works w/ this mobo.
The problem is that the vdimm for this bios goes as high as 2.75v. I might have to modify vdimm by adding a resistor as shown by "ED", on OCW forum.

Back