• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Specs Near Completion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batman27

Registered
It's been about a week but I think the generic
specs are just about done. Here is the following list.

PSU: PC Power & Cooling TURBO-COOL 850 SSI T85SSI SLI, EPS12V, SSI 850W
Motherboard: ASUS MB P5WD2 Premium Socket T
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 670 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache 3.8GHz
GPU: BFG Tech Geforce 7800GTX 460MHz
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800
Sound: Creative 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum
HD: 2x Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
HD2: 2x Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache
Cooling: Water Cooling (still unknown)

What you guys think so far?

1. The 74GB raptors are much better than the 36.7 versions.

2. You have no need for an 850W power supply. If you want PC&C, go for the 510W.

3. Save yourself some money and go with the X-Fi standard instead of the platinum.

4. Swiftech APEX is a very good watercooling kit.

5. If you're using water, you don't need such a high-end stock processor. I'd suggest maybe a 640, 650, or an 830 dual core.

deception``

that proc and psu are too expensive...better deals are out there

you could go sli for that price

Double agreed. If you have the money for a Pentium 4 670, you should just go and get an Athlon X2 4400+ Toledo. It costs about $110 less from newegg and it's a lot better. I mean come on, you have a choice between a single core processor running at 3.8 ghz or a dual core processor that runs at the same speed as a 4.4 ghz Pentium 4. It's a pretty easy choice IMO.

1cem4n said:
www.sidewindercomputers.com or frozencpu.com just look around.

DITCH THE INTEL!!!!11one god, the only thing they do right is the dothan.

-1cem4n

********* i hate fanboys. have any of you thought that maybe an intel is better for what he does? maybe he doesn't game the whole day like most amd fanboys do.

i have no problem with amd and i recomend them to a lot of people, doesn't mean that they're any better than intel. the reason i got a pentium was because i work with video a lot, and pentium's are just plain BETTER when working with video, just like amd's are BETTER for gaming. different cpu's for different purposes.

Look, it's not like he ever actually said what he would be doing with the computer. He never told us whether it would be just for gaming or if he would be doing video stuff on it as well. And also, my mind is drawing a complete blank on what you might have used as a 9 letter curse word... o_o;

One more thing... we're not fanboys (or at least I'm not). When Intel can make a better all around product for less money, I'll buy a processor from them. But right now the only thing they can do better is video-related stuff, and their processors are still much more expensive than AMD's. >.>

that's all good and well, but that still doesn't mean that someone should barge in on his thread when he's asking us if it's a good setup and start yelling that intel suxxorz and amd is the best.

the curse word... godd@mn!t

Ok...I will be using this rig for gaming and junk, so if I'm switching over to amd I need a motherboard that can go with that gpu. Suggestions suggestions...

jnev_89 said:
********* i hate fanboys. have any of you thought that maybe an intel is better for what he does? maybe he doesn't game the whole day like most amd fanboys do.

i have no problem with amd and i recomend them to a lot of people, doesn't mean that they're any better than intel. the reason i got a pentium was because i work with video a lot, and pentium's are just plain BETTER when working with video, just like amd's are BETTER for gaming. different cpu's for different purposes.

I believe the AMD duel core is better with video than any pentium processor.

go with a x2 3800+ manchester, DFI nForce4 SLi, 2x7800gt, PC P&C 510 SLI powersupply, 2gb of OCZ Gold(1gbx2), and a good SATA drive. awesome setup right there

-1cem4n

Going with the X2 4400+ Toledo and the A8N board
Im still gonna roll with BFG 7800GTX
Watercooling is kicking me in the groin now
Im looking at HD waterblocks, GPU waterblocks and I need a full kit that goes with that socket to connect all the other waterblocks (HD and GPU) to without having to put a hole somewhere in my case.
More suggestions suggestions...

Back