• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg and Chiefvalue, Sister companies? I I found this funny.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
We all think they are, but check this out... it's kinda funny how too:

*These two links are the same product, one at each vendor*
Chiefvalue's Rosewill ATX Case
NewEgg's Rosewill ATX Case

Direct Image Links (may or may not work):
Chiefvalue's Rosewill ATX Case Images
NewEgg's Rosewill ATX Case Images

Click to see the images at both sites. Look at Image X (side view of acrylic window CLOSED) and Image Y (side view of acrylic window OPEN). Notice how Image X has the sidefan up top for the CPU, and Image Y has the sidefan on the bottom... uhm, duh, you probably had it upside-down when taking the pix, camera man!

My point is... first of all I thought it was funny when I saw that the side panel was upside-down. Then, the thought came to my mind to see how newegg had it. Not only do they ship from the same places and send emails that seem alike, but they make the same mistakes!! :)

By the way, Chiefvalue's Rosewill is at $49.99 shipped. Not a bad price!

It's kinda cute if you ask me. I love both companies! :)

I thought about it, but I don't think so... all the case pictures at newegg/chiefvalue have the same format, regardless of the manufacturer; meaning, I think that they take the pictures themselves since they are taken the same way. i.e. side view (open and closed, off and on), front view (usb/firewire/audio ports), power supply view, back view, inside view, etc... I really doubt all companies do that the same way and forward them the pix. That is why I believe they take their own pictures. You may be right, but that's just how I feel. :)

It has been confirmed that they are the same company.

Well, they are owned by the same company, ABS computers.

Felt for some time now that the were definately related. Didn't know they had the same parent company but I'm not at all surprised. Pretty much everything about these two sites are the same except the prices and some of the warranty policies.

Their warranty policies are different? I didn't know that... never looked into it, but I thought they'd be the same anyways...

sometimes chiefvalue has better prices, but they dont accept PP :(
its funny.. i wanted and SD card off newegg, but chiefvalue had it $3 cheaper; i waited till midnight and the price went down $3 haha

I like how chiefvalue doesn't do much shipping charge... they have a lot more free shipping than newegg, too.

Back