• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5wd2 premium or abit aw8max 3rd eye2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soccrstar

Registered
sup

tryin' to choose between these 2 boards

intel pentium dual core 2.8-3.0ghz goin' in

going to be watchin' tv, encodin', gamin', music, and would like to do some overclockin'

ASUS MB P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard

or

ABIT AW8-Max 3rd-Eye II Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard

Initially the Abit AW8 had some problems with the Pentium D dual cores, but a BIOS upgrade fixed all that. Since then I've heard good things about the AW8. In fact, I have a brand new one sitting in a box at home. I got a new Swifty water block, so as soon as I overhaul my watercooling system and convert it to LGA775, I'm going to try this AW8 bad boy out.

Abit for sure, I have had the IC7 series boards and now have the AW8-Max and they are solid and offer enough features to make you wet yourself. Very happy with them.

Another mostly satisfied Asus owner here. I haven't owned an Abit board in years, no opinion on the quality of their products.

I was asking myself the same question I would of got the aw8 max but because I have a lain li case I am getting the asus board.

Back