• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a decent soldering station.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePCGuy

Hello everyone, I'm starting to find myself repairing quite a bit of electronics and my 15/30 watt Radio Shack soldering iron is starting to see it's limits. It's been great, but it's not accurate enough for some of the smaller/lower tolerance connections that I'll be doing in the future (hopefully smd, etc.). I've been eyeing a few weller soldering stations and they are looking very tempting, however I'm also open to other suggestions. I'm looking for reliability, replacement parts, and a mid-level cost. My budget is about $80.00. Used would be fine too if anyone has a source for used stations. Standard soldering tips would be a plus too :). Thanks!

Questions/comments regarding:

Weller, Hakko, Edsyn.

- Jim

Last edited:
Hey, thanks. Anyone else have any first hand use of a soldering station that they would feel comfortable recommending? Take care.

- Jim

Back