• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Newegg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

I bought a $249.00 video card (His IceQ Excaliber 9800 Pro) and the extended warrenty(!) The card shot craps and Newegg says to send it back for replacement or for a card of equal value.
Will the equal value card be for the same original cost or "just a similar card"? I have looked at their available cards and the 9800 Pros they have are not near as good as the one I am RMAing...
Will they let me choose a replacement, or will they just pick one?

Give them a call and see what they can do about your problem, I'm guessing they are going to send you another 9800pro, I think they would only send you a replacement of equal value (a card of the same price) if there was no other 9800pro.

I have seen their 9800 Pros, none of them have the cooling and ram sinks that the His card had, so I would consider any of them a dowgrade> :shrug:

well call them and explain that a "regular" 9800pro will not do and they should be able to give you something of equal performance, just find what you want and ask them.

Back