• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are my mem benchies so low ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike G

Registered
Hi everyone,

I wonder if I can get some opinions as to why my mem benchies in Sisoft Sandra are so low. They should be higher for the speed of my Rig which is...

AMD XP1500+ @ 1510Mhz (151x10). Chaintech 7KJD Mobo using AMD761 Northbridge and Via 8231 Southbridge chipset.

My benchies are 553/610 (that's without SSE enabled)

My memory is still at the default speed as it's el cheapo ram and at 151Mhz I don't think it can take much tweaking ? But even at default speeds my scores should be higher at that fsb I think.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike G

those scores are really low- it might be your motherboard, I don't know much about that particular model. your best bet is to tweak your memory timings. Lowering your latency can have a huge effect on your sandra scores. play around with your timings and you might just get an extra 100 points in the benchmarks.

Well I've done a little tweaking but as my ram is cheap, generic stuff I dunno how stable it will be at 151Mhz.

Even so my scores are still too low.

626/675

I'm using 8862222 timings. Got any suggestions for better ?

Mike G

Naw.

If I only had SDRam I'd be quite happy but it's definately DDR ram I have.

Those mem timings I'm using are fairly agressive and I'm typing this on a 151Mhz bus speed so they should be better !

Mike G

BUMP

Any of you tweakers out there have any ideas. My mem scores for a 151Mhz bus speed are pathetic :p

Mike G

PS ignore the sig - that was my old rig

Back