• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 v1.03 Choppiness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbi0s

Registered
Ran BF2 since it came out awesomely, no problems.

I load up the newest update, v1.03 -- Game goes to hell.

Singleplayer is fine! No choppiness, runs awesome...

Multiplayer, on the other hand, runs like CHIT! Very choppy, not fluid.

Average PING times while playing were sub 100 as before, and it used to run great on my normal servers.

I changed the sound to hardware as some have done, but nothing! Choppy choppy choppy! Any ideas?

EWWW! PRE BUILT!!!!EEK! lol

7800 ultra? and what cpu? I would also think it's the RAM as the new update probably requires more RAM.

-1cem4n

xbi0s said:
Ran BF2 since it came out awesomely, no problems.

I load up the newest update, v1.03 -- Game goes to hell.

Singleplayer is fine! No choppiness, runs awesome...

Multiplayer, on the other hand, runs like CHIT! Very choppy, not fluid.

Average PING times while playing were sub 100 as before, and it used to run great on my normal servers.

I changed the sound to hardware as some have done, but nothing! Choppy choppy choppy! Any ideas?

Yeah... they really messed up with the pings and such. I never used to have choppiness due to bad connection, but today I have experienced my laggiest server ever on any FPS game.

ugh i hate it, i can't even snipe anymore. i know that i usually have peak hours for comcast, but it's not even this bad usually.

-1cem4n

Well my ping #'s are down, changed my sound settings to hardware, still laggy. Damn them. I might have to go back to playing Call of Duty.

...CoDII out SOON, and the demo rocked -- Cannot wait for the game!

I am haveing stability issues at even stock speeds, I even tried a windows reinstall, I am hoping it is not my new ram, i dont think it is but it is possible.

should i pony up for a 2gb set or just get another gig? i might use the platinum rev2 in m3x's rig and then use the 1gb of value select that i'm letting him borrow right now and put it in my soon to be mom's rig.

-1cem4n

I recommend 2GB of ram. Battlefield 2 runs smooth as butter (good butter, that is), and Windows XP seems a lot more responsive. Its nice to be able to alt+tab out of any game and instantly have a usable desktop.

1cem4n said:
should i pony up for a 2gb set or just get another gig? i might use the platinum rev2 in m3x's rig and then use the 1gb of value select that i'm letting him borrow right now and put it in my soon to be mom's rig.

-1cem4n
I'd say go with a 2GB set since games are becoming increasingly more RAM hungry, and that gives you room for expansion to 4GB.

just so you guys know, the xps he is referring to is a laptop. it has a 7800ultra and pentium m 2.13ghz cpu if i'm not mistaken. that thing should OWN in any game.

Back