• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty-PRO865B!! Yelp Me Yelp Me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paranoia21

Registered
Lanparty-PRO875B!! Yelp Me Yelp Me!

:welcome:
First, I will start with probably the most important part.
Computer Specs.
Processor: 3.0ghz Intel P4 Norwood​
Motherboard: Lanparty PRO875B​
Ram: 2gb Dual Channel OCZ DDR3200​
GPU: 9800 Pro 256meg --> 9800 XT 256meg​
Hard Drive: 160GB Samsung 7200rpm​
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy LS​

Once upon a time I had a very bad day and this is how it went...

I had been playing Battlefield 2 and doing quite well until my computer received the ever so lovely sound repeating error and restarted. I had been rather disappointed with the performance overall of the computer. That being said I decieded to overclock it just a tad. I changed the frequency to make my 3.0ghz processor run at 3.3ghz.​
Now this is where it gets interesting.
I restarted my computer after I had set the overclock in the bios.
My system began to post but stopped at the first part where it detects my processor, something to the sort of "Processor Detected... Intel Pentium 4.. 3.3Ghz."​
:bang head
I began to search the internet for ways to fix this and remembered something about clearing the CMOS. So I looked for all of the proper ways to do it.
First try at clearing it I followed these steps...
*note powercord was unplugged, I made sure jumper was back on 12 before powering on.

Attempt #1.
- Took jumper off slots 12 and put it onto slots 23 for 25 seconds.
- plugged power back in and same thing, no posting.
Attempt #2.
- Took battery out for a total of 5 minutes.
Attempt #3.
- Took jumper off 12 and put onto 23 for 60 seconds.
Attempt #4.
- Took battery out for a total of 30 minutes.

So this is where I am now extremely confused and to the point where tomorrow im going to buy a completely new motherboard and I really don't want to. :bang head

And now I beg of all you if you could lend me your knowledge of fixing things and help me solve this incredibly horrible problem.

Last edited:
Back