• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus probe going nuts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat2monsta

just installed asus probe 22306 ..im water cooled and have fanes pluged into the board. it started beepin at me sayin chaisis fan had stoped.. then stoped beeping sayin it was workin again.. i was lookin at the fan at the time and there was no slowdown atall.. 20 mins later it said mt cpu fan had stopped workin and that my temps had gone into the 80's... lol i took the side off and my cpu block was cold all tubes cold.. no heat anywhere...

anyone else having probs like this? specs in my sig taa in advance

Just a guess - is your overclock stable? Any way to test this for a day at defaults? (better question, can you go a day with a PC at defaults? :p )

seems to me it could be a few things.

a recent cmos reset has changed the settings of the fan alarms.
(for instance, i dont plug in a cpu fan into the cpu fan header so if i reset cmos i must plug one in to change fan alarm settings back or cpu will not start.)

your block is not seated flush. or is being unseated by the tube bend pressure and/or weight

the minimum rpm of the fan you have running is not being reached (or its hovering around it)

your fan is not plugged into the cpu fan socket on the motherboard

your fans rated voltage/amps is too high to be run off the motherboard cpu fan socket

its not normally a good idea to run large/high cfm fans off the motherboard fan headers since they are only able to handle a certain load that many fans exceed or redline. and have been known to burn out. not a phrase many computer enthusiasts want assosiated with thier computer :)

and though i doubt its the problem you could always try reinstalling probe, or trying a different version.

Back