• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Premium mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok im just wondering if anyone has used this before and can tell me what i can expect to pull from it. ive looked around and cant see anything about it. its not the greatest ram around but im pretty happy with it so far.

most OC ive pulled so far was 440mhz with 7-3-3-2.5 timings.

i tried to lower timings but system wont boot. so i tried to relax timings so i could go higher but system wont boot. i even underclocked ram to see what will happen with timings and no boot. no matter what i do to my timings if i change them from stock it will not boot. why is this?

whats a safe voltage i can put into this ram? ive seen ppl putting up to 3.3v into cheap OCZ ram. like the cheapo stuff under what i have and managed to clock it to 500mhz at 5-2-2-2 timings. can i pull this maybe?

thanks.

I got these up to 230mhz (DDR460) using 2.5-4-3-8 and 2.8V, i believe.

damn good for value-priced RAM.

ive tried every possible timing. even leaving stock and changing 7 to 8. or just 2.5 to 3. is it possible theres something else i need to change to allow it? cause when this ram was in my NF7-S im sure i chaged my timings before.

subzero said:
ive tried every possible timing. even leaving stock and changing 7 to 8. or just 2.5 to 3. is it possible theres something else i need to change to allow it? cause when this ram was in my NF7-S im sure i chaged my timings before.

Try changing [RAS to CAS] as it responds way better then just upping the CAS itself when it comes to stability.

those OCZ Premier hate CAS 3. leave it at 2.5, dont change it, or you will get a no boot.

try 2.5-4-4-8, or worst case scenario, 2.5-5-5-10. volts 2.7 or 2.8, not much higher.

im not sire about temps for ram but when my sensor i put on it says 47c and i touch it it feels a hell of alot hotter than any ram ive ever had before even when its been overclocked hard. with my sensor sitting right next to the ram chips any idea what temps would be acceptable?

I have ocz premiere, but on amd its supposed to run 2.5-3-3-6, but they absolutely refuse to run cas2.5. when i first got these sticks, they were nothing but trouble, failing memtest, and getting bluescreen after bluescreen. the shop were i bought them from wouldnt take them back.. so i was basically screwed. untill i found the right bios to use these were a complete nightmare, but now they do 230 at 2-3-3-11,2.8v, and 240 at 2-3-3-11 with 2.9. they REFUSE to run anything other than cas2.

freeagent said:
I have ocz premiere, but on amd its supposed to run 2.5-3-3-6, but they absolutely refuse to run cas2.5. when i first got these sticks, they were nothing but trouble, failing memtest, and getting bluescreen after bluescreen. the shop were i bought them from wouldnt take them back.. so i was basically screwed. untill i found the right bios to use these were a complete nightmare, but now they do 230 at 2-3-3-11,2.8v, and 240 at 2-3-3-11 with 2.9. they REFUSE to run anything other than cas2.

Can you please PM me the details of what shop this was. I'd like to have someone talk to them.

Have you tried reflashing your bios and then using the CMOS clear setting to clear out any settings? Sometimes a bad bios flash can make ram timings stick

subzero said:
hmm sounds like ill be having lots of problems with this ram. seemed like a nice budget ram when i got it :(

What problems are you having? If you bought this ram expecting it to overclock like platinum or gold level ram you will be dissapointed. For the cost of this ram, getting a 20Mhz overclock isn't bad at all in my book :shrug:

good point, steve.

from my experience, similar-priced value ram from corsair did only 208mhz, OEM Infineon value ram did 215mhz, and OEM Samsung TCC4 did 210mhz, so for OCZ Premier to *only* do 220mhz, and to have a nice heatsink included, there's no reason to complain.

oh i didnt expect to overclock this ram at all being cheap and all. but not being able to change my timings to squeeze a little bit more out of it is dissapoiting. but its seems now that my ram is running alot smoother than it was 2 days agi since i done a 10 hour prime95 torture test. so now that its running smooth on 220mhz then i can put it on 166 devided and then up my fsb to somewhere around the 260 mark and i should be all set. give it a few days of tweaking see what the max i can squueze out is and ill post my results. thanks again for the help

SteveOCZ said:
Can you please PM me the details of what shop this was. I'd like to have someone talk to them.

Have you tried reflashing your bios and then using the CMOS clear setting to clear out any settings? Sometimes a bad bios flash can make ram timings stick

YGPM :)

Tiesto said:
good point, steve.

from my experience, similar-priced value ram from corsair did only 208mhz, OEM Infineon value ram did 215mhz, and OEM Samsung TCC4 did 210mhz, so for OCZ Premier to *only* do 220mhz, and to have a nice heatsink included, there's no reason to complain.

Well, i paid 240 for these stix not even a year ago, al i want them to do is run right :(

Back