• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Apple worth it...spec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xirtaIVI

My school is selling some apple g4 computers for $75 dollars, but I have no idea about their specs...i think they are about 4years old.

What type of specs would apple g4 desktops have back then? I'm thinking right now it is worth the $75, but i wanna know what kinda machine i might be getting as the warehouse is closed for today and they have the info.

Is it a cube? This also might give you a general idea of the specs, if it isn't a cube. (I know diddly about Apples, so... yeah...)

Power Mac G4 Cube
CPU 450MHz PowerPC G4, 1MB L2 cache at 225MHz
RAM 1.5GB RAM via 3 PC100 512MB 2-2-2 SDRAM DIMMs
HD Maxtor 20GB ATA-66
Removable Mat****a DVD-ROM (on the same ATA bus as the HD)
Video ATI Rage 128 Pro with 16MB VRAM on an AGP 2x bus

taken from here

more than likely it is...they come with monitor and mouse and keyboard along with the g4. Im thinking the monitor is worth the $75

Jump on that deal as quickly as possible, thats a steel. Some old G4s go for as much as $500 on ebay for the tower alone, i'd be all over that deal myself.

xirtaIVI said:
Miami dade college

is there a buyer limit ?

the price they are selling for makes it very worth it to drive there from new york to buy 4 or 5 of these and party in miami and leave in the morning

tell your parents or something and snatch all these up while you still can!

Thats awesome. Any g4, even an old one, is worth more than $75, esp with a keyboard muse and monitor. They can be upgraded quite nicely, too- especially if it is a powermac.

check out www.macsales.com
they have processor upgrades and lots of other stuff- you very possibly could get that thing up to 2.0ghz.

Back