• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My HDD, Windows and a ton of anger.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paranoia21

Registered
:welcome:
Computer Specs.

Processor: 3.0ghz Intel P4 Norwood​
Motherboard: ASUS P4S800D-X​
Ram: 2gb Dual Channel OCZ DDR3200​
GPU: 9800 Pro 256meg --> 9800 XT 256meg​
Hard Drive: 160GB Samsung 7200rpm, Model#: SP1614C
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy LS​

My Problem:
( For the speedreader: Windows hates my sata drive and I don't know what to do )

Recently, due to some complications with my previous motherboard, Lanparty PRO875B, I had to purchase a new one. I bought the ASUS P4S800D-X. However, my harddrive remained untouched and I thought all my files would remain intact and all I would have to do is plug it into my new motherboard and load it on up and get back to being a happy guy. This is not the case...

I plug everything in and my computer boots perfectly up until the part where it loads windows. It flashes the windows loading screen, the one with the blue bar that moves back in forth at the bottom, and then the computer just restarts and loops this over and over again.

I figured there was some issue with my windows installation so I went to run checkdisk on the repair function of the windows xp cd. I went to run it and hit R to enter Repair. This is when I receive the message that windows is unable to find a hard drive and can not continue. Oh great, my bios finds the diskdrive perfectly but windows ( :argue: ) isn't able.

I start hitting up the search function to find the problem and see if I can't fix it myself, to no avail. So here I am now with my bios recognizing my hard drive and windows unable to. I would love any helpful input or solutions someone out there may have, thank you.

Either post here or AIM me please;
AIM Screenname: Paranoia021

THANKS AGAIN!
:p

Sorry I just am extremely impatient and wanted to find help as fast as I could sorry again.

I had this same problem with an asus board and sata. You need to download the asus drivers (not the hardrive makers) for the board and hdd controller you have. Then you need to boot with windows cd and use it to install new drivers then you will be fine.

Would you be able to help locate the drivers for my board and such, I feel really friggen retarded that I can't figure this out and find the correct drivers :(

Back