• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with my P4 640 & P5P800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigeasy2218

Registered
I have been looking into this board and Chip setup this will be for my home office PC I am wondering if the board will work with the 640 2mb cache and if so will I need to update the BIOs for this to work any help will work thanks.

on Asus's site they say that the other features of this chip will work other than the 2mb Cache !!!!

By the looks of the cpu support list the P5P800 fully supports the Intel 640 3.20GHz cpu, you will need bios version 1007 which was released eight months ago so chances are the new motherboards will allready have bios version 1007 or later at the time of purchase so you should be ok.
Take look at the links below at the cpu support list for the P5P800 and a page i found in the ASUS FAQ for the P5 series motherboards it may help.

ASUS P5P800 CPU Support

ASUS P5 Series FAQ

Hope this helps!

I bought 2 P5P800 motherboards in August from Newegg for friends computers, and both of them had 1007 bios. Your 640 should be good to go.

Back