• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB, OS or BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

Any pros/cons to using either option? My motherboard allows me to change the onboard controller to do it through BIOS or OS. I'm assuming that the BIOS option will take less CPU time, but will it have any slowdowns?
I've noticed that I have to have it on BIOS to use my wireless keyboard in DOS.

I always leave it up to the bios to control USB. That way my keyboard works for bios adjustments, and it's also handy if you use boot programs like for setting raid, and other disk utilities that come with your harddrives (a mouse is also handy here).
Bios updating is also included in there, some versions still need a "save old bios as" option, where you'd need to type the filename.

ƒÓÒl said:
I always leave it up to the bios to control USB. That way my keyboard works for bios adjustments, and it's also handy if you use boot programs like for setting raid, and other disk utilities that come with your harddrives (a mouse is also handy here).
Bios updating is also included in there, some versions still need a "save old bios as" option, where you'd need to type the filename.

Yeah, thats the only difference I've been able to find.

Back