• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up the BIOS on an ASUS P5ND2 deluxe - help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpmad4it

Registered
ok, here goes!! I have just bought an ASUS P5ND2 deluxe and i have a lot of questions about some of the BIOS features, so if anyone can help out it will be great!

PS the BIOS is the award version.

Under the CPU feature section there are 2 settings called:

Limit CPUID Max Val - what is the for and what does enabling it do?
NX BIOS Control - what is the for and what does enabling it do?

Next under Chipset there is a setting called:

LDT (lightning data transport) frequency multiplier which can be set to 1,2,3,4,5 and 3.5x. Whats it for?

Next is the PCIPnP settings. I have a Geforce 7800GTX, so do i set this to PCI Slot or PCIEx (pci express)?

Now for the devices setup. I dont use LAN, and so i thought that disabling the onboard NV LAN and onboard Intel LAN will be ok? whats the difference between NV LAN and Intel LAN ?

next is the PEG (PCI express grahpics ) link mode (options are auto, slow, normal, fast, faster), PEG root control and PEG buffer length (options are long, short, auto). Should i just leave these all at their defaults? Is this do with overclocking the graphics card slot??

Next the ACPI suspend type can be set to S1 (POS), S3 (STR) or S1&S3 - what do these different settings mean??

Next is the hardware monitor. Only one question here - what does the Asus Q-Fan2 feature do? Control the speed of the fans??

and thats it!!!

if you could help out id be really grateful :)

regards jonathan

Back