• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking settings for the ASUS P5ND2 deluxe - what do they do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpmad4it

Registered
:bang head Hello,

ok so i have been reading my manual for my ASUS P5ND2 deluxe and in the overclocking section there is a lot of new options i dont understand, so if you guys can help me out that would be grand!!

The setting Overclock Profile has 5 options: Auto, manual, AI overclock, AI N.O.S and safe mode. What is N.O.S? I guess i need to set this to manual and set my own OCing? Does anyone use the N.O.S or AI overclock settings??

If i set the profile to AI overclock i can then choose from the following settings for the overclock options setting: overclock 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, FSB 960/800, 1280/800, 1000/667. 1333/667, 1200/800 or 1600/800. I have a 3.8Ghz P4 800 FSB LGA775. Any ideas on what to do here? These options are only available if i choose AI overclock for the overclock profile.

Next is the N.O.S mode. The following settings are only available if i set the profile to AI N.O.S. The N.O.S option has 4 modes - overclock 3%, 5%, 8% or 10% and you can set the N.O.S mode to auto, standard, sensitive or heavy load.

I guess the 2 sections above dont really come into play do they? unless i want my BIOS to set the Ocing automatically? Does anyone use this automatic OCing? Is it better than setting everything manually?

Next we have the FSB turbo mode option. Whats this? I can set it on/off.

After this is the PCIE frequency - this is the frequency of the PCI expresss lot - but its that where my gefroce 7800GTx sits@? Or is that just the PCI slot? (i thought the PCI express slots were the small ones - confused!!!)

Then there are all the options to manually alter the FSB, memory speed and timings. The memory timings for DDR2 are different - there are like 5 timings now?!?! I have bought 1GB Mushkin DDR2 800 memory, what clocks do you all recommend for this memory?

now there is a setting called spread spectrum control, what the hell does this do? I have the choice to set the CPU spread spectrum to disabled, centre spread, down spread or 0.5%++ spread? Then i can change the PCIE Spread specturm to disabled or down spread. And i can also change the SATA Spread spectrum to disabled or down spread. I have no idea what these do?? help?!?!?!

There is also an option called Lightening Data Transport - which cxan be set to centre spread or disabled - again what is this for?

Now the voltage options: i can set my DDR2 voltage manually - ok no problems. But then there are more options named +1.4v control, +1.5v control, VTT DRR , CPU termination voltage, VCore Overvoltage 100mv - what are these for?

And thats it. Sorry for the huge list of questions. I just dont understand what any of them actually do!!!!

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

regards Jonathan

Back