• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can i get spare parts for a GA8IK1100 rev2.0??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jpmad4it

Registered
Hello there

After i sold a perfectly good motherboard on ebay, the guy who bought it is now saying that its faulty (after he has messed around with it overnight :eh?: ).

He has sent me pics showing that the plastic part where the CPU is seated is cracked. He says he has not done it, and i know i have not done it. So god knows. Anyway, does anyone know where i can this part from? Do Gigabyte sell them (if so how much)? Or can i get them online somewhere else?

Plus, if i do get hold of one of these, how easy are they to fit onto the motherboard i.e. is the old plastic CPU retention slot thingy easy and straightforward to get off??

thanks guys,
Jonathan

Not sure about replacing the cpu socket itself. You might want to try emailing Gigabyte support and ask if they sell the replacement part and you can do-it-yourself, or the new owner of the board will have to RMA it.

http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com/

Good luck.

yeah i need to get hold of gigabyte tomorrow (UK). THe thing is the warranty has ran out so RMAing it is not an option

Back