• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple Introduces Video, TV Playing iPod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Apple has a really aggressive marketing stategy these days... every few months they are releasing new players, new sizes.... they really dont want you to keep any of there products really long, cause each successive product is nicer then the previous.

Vio1 said:
Apple has a really aggressive marketing stategy these days... every few months they are releasing new players, new sizes.... they really dont want you to keep any of there products really long, cause each successive product is nicer then the previous.

Not really earlier today if anybody read, apple stock droped by 10%, so probably the quick release to get that stock back up

meionm said:
Not really earlier today if anybody read, apple stock droped by 10%, so probably the quick release to get that stock back up
no. It closed down, after the release notice. It closed down because some people expected it to be a more significate release, pushing the stock value up earlier in speculation.

It also doesn't help that comparable media player products available now are plagued with lousy battery life, DRM, and file format compatability issues.
Most newer PDAs are much more capable at playing video files than portable-video-players, which is pathetic considering most PDAs have lower price tags.

Here's to hoping they use flash memory instead of hard drives. It would also be a first if their player supports DivX and Xvid without any firmware updates.

Either way I'm not buying one. My $100 PDA does the same thing without much hassle and doesn't insist that I use iTunes.

I would get one if my laptop wasnt so bad assed and well it already goes evrywhere with me - minus driving and sailing... second gen 10gb iPod for that :clap:

I so want a personal computer, my dad's girlfriend has one, and it rocks. But really, I'd rather have a lap-top..so much more you can do with it.

299 or so for an ipod.

you can get a crappy lappy for that.

But the ipod will have better battery life, be more portable, and have comparable space, and be easier to use.
A laptop will have a larger screen and be able to play minesweeper.

A laptop is not an mp3 player alternative.

Back