• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me out with my new memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

So finally I made the jump to 512x2 from 256x2 and let me just say that it was the best money/performance upgrade I have probably ever made. My old 2x256 memory was Mushkin Level II BH-5 and I had that running at 240 1:1 2-2-2-5 1T. My new memory is OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Gold. I was pretty sure this memory was going to contain BH-5 chips, but it sure doesn't act like it. I havent been able to run 2-2-2-5 1T above 200 stable yet and I went up to 3.3 volts. Heres the link to the memory.
OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 DUAL CHANNEL GOLD

I guess I am just asking to know what chips these contain and if anyone has any results with them. Thanks a lot guys.

Hmm, if these are BH-5, I am just wondering why I can't get over the 200FSB mark. I never used active cooling on my previous BH-5 with 3.1 volts @240FSB. Is there any chance of active cooling enabling me to get past 200FSB with these new sticks?

Back