• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue screen on new pc!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JennyB

Registered
I built the computer from scratch, starts up ok, when installing windows I get BLUE SCREEN saying "fault in ntfs.sys, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" and also other blue screen messages at various differenet times throughout the installation. Any ideas?

Asus A8N-SLi
AMD 64bit 3000+ (venus core)
DDR400 Matrix, 512mb, PC3200
450w Power supply
Radeon 600x PRO 256mb pci express
ATA 133, 160gb Maxtor

Whenever my Home CD stops me during installation with errors I usually check to see if it's clean. This has happend to me on more than one occasion. Bam, right after I cleaned the CD the installation went straight through. That may not be your problem, though.

I even had a faulty CDROM one time that was hanging up my Windows installation. It was fine up until a certain point, and then it would just hang. And not at the same place each time either. It stopped in a different spot each time and gave a different error.

Sometimes a blue screen can be memory related. Maybe use a boot disk and Memtest to eliminate that possibility.

I've run into this before myself, it's probably a mismatch between the speed of the front side bus and the memory speed, or you may be inadvertently overclocking. check your multiplier settings, front side bus speed and memory timing settings

Format the drive,Be sure there are no other drives on that ribbon and then go to boot disk.com and grab the 6 floppy set xp install files .

batboy said:
Sometimes a blue screen can be memory related. Maybe use a boot disk and Memtest to eliminate that possibility.
This is what I was going to recommend. You may also want to check the stability of your voltages.

Back