• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems running dual channel, dfi lanparty sli-dr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMacca

Hi guys! This is my first post here...

Built a new computer yesterday, all up and running, appart from one small problem. At the moment Im running my memory(Two new corsair gig sticks) in single channel mode. It puts up a message at boot telling me to put the memory in slots 3 and 4 if i want to run dual channel mode (they are in 1 and 2 at the moment) I do this, but on boot the computer just beeps at me.
I just tried putting my old ram (two sticks of corsair xms2700 512) in slots 3 and 4, and seems to boot up in dual channel mode fine! This is vexing me quite a bit, only thing I can think of is that the new memory is borked in some way, or well, meh, i dunno!
Heres some system info:

15yu1.jpg

22jz.jpg

31np.jpg

Running a dfi lanparty sli-dr mobo btw.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks a lot for any suggestions!!

You want to use orange slots and make sure you have the latest BIOS.

I suggest using 6/23 official if you don't have it already and looking at your CPUz screen it looks like you don't.

Worked a treat, thanks a lot! :)
Well, i say worked a treat, actually wouldn't let me load up windows afterwards, so a clean install later, and im good to go!

Back