• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this error? Recent instability.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey_Its_Cole

I thought my ram was the issue to some recent instability (random lock ups in games, BSOD" but after testing it does not apear to be true, the error log is showing this error
"The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly formatted. The bogus string is 2290, the bogus index value is the first DWORD in Data section while the last valid index values are the second and third DWORD in Data section."

This one as well.
"Unable to open the Redirector service. Redirector performance data will not be returned. The error code returned is in the first DWORD in the Data section."

What does this mean, what should i do? These happen at default setting and overclocked settings, I am Prime and super pi stable.

Did you test your ram with memtest86+ and let that run for more then 8 hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have 2 sticks of ram in your comp (according to your sig), it would probably be better to run memtest on 1 stick at a time (by taking the other one out). I've heard of memtest passing for long periods of time in systems with multiple sticks of ram where 1 stick was bad but the others were good, so just test your ram one stick at a time.

Soichiro said:
Since you have 2 sticks of ram in your comp (according to your sig), it would probably be better to run memtest on 1 stick at a time (by taking the other one out). I've heard of memtest passing for long periods of time in systems with multiple sticks of ram where 1 stick was bad but the others were good, so just test your ram one stick at a time.

Its not the memory as I have narrowed it down to a driver issue because one of the crashes lead to artifacts which is clearly graphics related so i rolled my drivers back to non beta nvidia and then the games got where it was choppy and unplay able so I am going to format and i have a new drive comeing so u can back files up.

Back