• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Apple With Movies!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not that great for movies (2 hour battery life when playing movies) but tv shows and music videos are cool.

there are plenty of others that have had the capability, but the thing that makes apple money is their marketing, their ease of use, AND the availability of content. this new ipod is also super slim. the closest competitor for a pocketable video playing DAP is the iaudio X5, but the ipod has double the fps and is tinier.

i dont know why anyone would stress there eyes trying to watch something on that screen.....the smallest screen i would watch something on is a psp

I would probably pass as well. I like to watch Japanese anime and most of them are Japanese with English subtitle. They are darn hard to read on my cheap 5" portable DVD player. (the one you find at Wal-Crap for under $100) Pity to anyone who tries to read the subtitle on that iPod.

Most PDAs will give you MUCH better battery life and a more ledgible screen.
I use a Compaq Ipaq 3635 to watch anime and the subtitles are fairly easy to read on it's 3.4" screen.

Last edited:
This might be a bad move for Apple, especially with their Nano released not too long ago. Sales in Nano might drop and people will probably get this, since its pretty much the ipod+ipodphoto combined, smaller in capacity and physical size though. But regardless, this is at least better then the Sony PSP+UMD discs, now you at least have a choice of uh, obtaining videoes fromn the internet.

everybody at my school (entirely mac based boarding school) bought ipod photos (because they have more than enough money than they know what to do with)...there all going crazy about them. i think of all of em, i'd get the nano, but still, there a waste of money...still cool...but 2 bloody expensive IMO. i would get a Creative ZEN micro for $179...but if you got money burning a hole in your pocket, ipods are definately kickass

Back