• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking gone wrong.. Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xmunky

Ok last week i finished building my new comp and today i received some new ram that i bought to upgrade. 3 GB of ocz performace series pc3200 ram. I installed all 3gb sticks into mobo and everything was fine. I wasn't getting what felt was a proper speed though. But being this my first overclock job i belive i set my ram timings too low and when i restarted i now get the black screen of death. And when i power on everything is on except for keyboard lights which makes me want to belive its a mobo (brand new i remind you). Anyone have any ideas or did i really blow something up?

Athlon 64 3400
k8n-e deluxe mobo
Enermax 520w PSU
thermaltake cooler
ATI x850xt platinum
audigy 2 zs sound
OCZ performace series pc3200 DDR400 ram (also tried my old kingston pc3200 value ram)

:welcome: TO THE FORUMS

I'm assuming that you are running 3x1GB sticks, if that's the case try giving them some Vdimm cause with three 1GB sticks your memory controller will be under pressure and will need some excess power. Around 2.8V should be enough.

:welcome: to the Forum, Xmunky.
It sounds like you need to clear your cmos. Check yur motherboard manual for the location of the cmos jumper. It should have directions in there for clearing it. Get used to it because you'll be doing it more if you overclock. Good luck.

rseven said:
It should have directions in there for clearing it. Get used to it because you'll be doing it more if you overclock.

LOL I was just thinking about clearing my BIOS. I have reset mine like at least 15 times in the last week shooting for a higher speed (I really want 800MHz over stock :bang head: ).

It is a pain to pull the ATX and do the reset. Most the time it seems like it is part of my computing experiance now.

clear cmos (bios) with power off for about 30 seconds.. if that doesnt work then try each stick seperately to test for individual module problems.. goodluck...

Back