• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these timings is correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

__ThRiLLaG3__

Registered
I just got my new system and in CPU-Z it shows different timings. The RAM should run at 2-3-2-5 but im not sure what it is running at. Could someone please tell me which is correct.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• RAM timings.JPG
    RAM timings.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 46
Motherboard is brand new and have not touched the BIOS except to disable the raid controllers so i doubt that will help. I know the stock settings are 2-3-2-5, so what it is running at 2.5-3-3-5 then?

__ThRiLLaG3__ said:
Motherboard is brand new and have not touched the BIOS except to disable the raid controllers so i doubt that will help. I know the stock settings are 2-3-2-5, so what it is running at 2.5-3-3-5 then?

You can always manually set the timings yourself and see if it works.

Having your BIOS on auto is just going to give you an estimate. To run it at rated spec do what RedDragon mentioned and set it to spec.

BTW. When you are writing it as 2-3-2-5 that is CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS in BIOS. Make shure to change the TRP to 2 and not the TRCD.

Back