• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2-P with onboard sound issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I just noticed a problem with the onboard sound on this board. When i unplug my speakers and plug in my headphones the sound WILL NOT work untill i restart, the same when i go back to the speakers. Anyone else have this issue?

dylskee said:
I just noticed a problem with the onboard sound on this board. When i unplug my speakers and plug in my headphones the sound WILL NOT work untill i restart, the same when i go back to the speakers. Anyone else have this issue?
You turned off jack senseing in the audio tab. Turning it back on will fix that

Ahhhh thanks Sentential, my cd that came with my board doesn't work, it locks up my system and my 5 other computers! :bang head Does anyone have an ftp server they can upload the cd to for download, i'm downloading the audio drivers from the asus site now at a whopping 30kb/s!!!! there's 5 files to download for the audio driver. Does asus offer a way to download a cd for there products or would i have to contact them and have them mail me one?

sorry man you're gonna have to download the 5 part HD drivers from their site :(

whenever you change a plug it doesn't set it, you have to open the HD audio manager and tell it what you want that plug to be. it's kind of cool but kind of annoying :p i think the best would be to do what sententinal suggested and boot once with it in the correct way :)

Sentential said:
You turned off jack senseing in the audio tab. Turning it back on will fix that

Hmmm, i can't find that. When i plug in my head phones a dialog box pops up and tells me that they were plugged in but i don't get any sound. I plug the speakers back in and it's fine???? Here's a ss of the audio tab i have.

audio7hr.jpg

I actually have a Sound Blaster Audigy LS sitting on my bench, i think i'm going to throw that in.

Back