• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with keeping sane.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I keep seeing peoples memory benches and they are getting some good scores running dual channel. I am running the same kind of clocks and not getting the same kind of score.

I have somewhere in the mail and here these parts.

3700 Newark/ 2.4GHz, 90nm, 1mb L2----supports only single channel
DFI Lanparty UT 250gb
X800XT PE---AGP
2x512mb Ballistix Tracer pc4000
Blue Storm AX500

Is it worth selling the CPU, mobo, and video card for a dual channel memory controller?

Does it do what you want?

Is it really fast compaired to what you "Had before" ?

You got some nice stuff there (in sig)

You really want to keep up with the "Jone's" ?

Run it like ya stole it & have fun.

Benchies ain't everything.

Wait until the 65nm comes out (2 yrs) & then you can justify a really good upgrade.

I was just saying to another Senior...WTF, look at all the stuff being dumped in the classifieds.

People bought A LOT of stuff waaaay to early & now have to get rid of it.

(they gotta pay thier bills)

I'm just now upgrading from an XP set up. - to a 939 winnie.
even though I can get a venice for a few bucks more. (that I don't have)

Run what ya got. Be happy !

Overclock !!

:attn:

Ya. I know what you mean. I have x amount of $ and to spend it on things the right things. When I mention benches I mean performance. When you have dual channel is does make a difference in performance, but is dual channel that big of an issue to sell good hardware to downgrade something to upgrade something else?

avalanche83 said:
Ya. I know what you mean. I have x amount of $ and to spend it on things the right things. When I mention benches I mean performance. When you have dual channel is does make a difference in performance, but is dual channel that big of an issue to sell good hardware to downgrade something to upgrade something else?

If all you want is benchmark scores, sell your rig, your car, your house. Then re-buy it all with the most top of the line components you can find, liquid cool the stuff, and run the benchmarks again to see the synthetic scores you'll be able to post in a forum that will gain you l337 status. If you're a gamer, and your consistant score is better with the upgrade, then it's worth it. If you spend $XXX, and you still don't see any difference (other than benchmarks), wouldn't you consider that a waste of money? I'm sure I can get my father to book me enough time on a Cray to run a benchmark, that will eat just about everything for lunch. Does it do me any good? Not really. Performance ALWAYS comes down to the end user's expectations. If you expect something out of a system, and it doesn't deliver. Were you ripped off, or expecting too much out of what you paid for?

Back