• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have No Clue What this problem is?????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-= '|'ed =-

Alright here is the problem:

When i put a CD into my drive and try to run it and either play it or install it my computer will SHUT OFF. However it is not a normal shut off everthing shuts off except that the little green light stays on and i cannot just simple turn it back on. I am forced to switch off my surge protector in order for the light to go off and then turn the protector back on and press the button to turn it on.

I have just recently installed a new DVD/CD drive to see if the drive was the problem. NO, it is still turning off in that way when i try to use CD's.

This computer is custom made by me and i have run across this problem a while ago and have just now tried to solve it and I am completely STUMPED! :shrug: :shrug: :bang head :bang head

PLZ HELP

Looks like your psu is the culprit. Somehow something seems to be shorting out the psu when the cdrom is accessed.

Try swapping the power supply out.

ill try that

Ill try that thank you.

Would that be a problem of the Power Supply that takes place over time because I have had this power supply in for a while and the problem occured a while after I installed the power supply-Vigor 500w.

If anyone has any other ideas please post and help.

Last edited:
Back