• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PrometheuSBoxeR

Case: Lian Li PC V1000 Black - $190
Motherboard: DFI NF4 Ultra-D - $130
PSU: OCZ PowerStream 520W - $130
CPU: AMD 64 X2 4400+ - $530
CPU Heatsink: Ninja Scythe - $49
CPU Heatsink Fan: 120mm Panaflo Panasonic - $17
Video Card: eVGA 7800GTX - $470
GPU Heatsink/Fan: Zalman VF700-CU - $30
Memory: 2GB (1GBx2) Crucial Ballistix DDR500 - $310
Harddrive 1: Maxtor MaXLine III 300GB Sata 16MB Cache - $135
Harddrive 2: Maxtor MaXLine III 300GB Sata 16MB Cache - $135
Drivebay 1: NEC DVD-ROM - $22
Drivebay 2: NEC DVD-Burner - $40
Drivebay 3: None - $0
Drivebay 4: 3.5" Floppy - $0
Mouse: Logitech MX518 - $40
Mousepad: Ulti-Mat Teflon Coated Precision Pad - $40
Keyboard: MSFT Standard PS/2 -$40
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 - $0
Grand Total - $2308.00

Leaves me with plenty of spare cash to save for another investment in the long haul. I will be ordering it this weekend. Its still in pencil however after much reviews, threads, reading I beleive this is what it all comes down to.
Let me know if you have any better advice, or just leave your opinion.

Thanks,
PrometheuSBoxeR

Last edited:
They have the OCZ Powerstream at other places for like $98, look around.

Maybe get a different DVD burner? I like either the NEC or BenQ models, both are some of the fastest around and only for about $40.

Maybe get the DiamondMax Plus10 instead of the MaxlineIII? I heard more better things about the DiamondMaxes.

Did you consider the X2 4400+? Cause your spending like $2000 and only getting the X2 3800+. I'm not saying its a bad core, its great, but usually for the lower budgets, since you already are spending $2000, why not get a pretty good core to go along with it.

darksparkz said:
They have the OCZ Powerstream at other places for like $98, look around.

Maybe get a different DVD burner? I like either the NEC or BenQ models, both are some of the fastest around and only for about $40.

Maybe get the DiamondMax Plus10 instead of the MaxlineIII? I heard more better things about the DiamondMaxes.

Did you consider the X2 4400+? Cause your spending like $2000 and only getting the X2 3800+. I'm not saying its a bad core, its great, but usually for the lower budgets, since you already are spending $2000, why not get a pretty good core to go along with it.
I agree, Im gonna go with a 4400+, and Im not sure about the DiamondMax - I have read and reviewed very impressive benchmarks from the MaxLine III

Back