• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS PC4400 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danimbk

Registered
OK,
Corsair says this RAM is rated at 550mhz. I can't get it to go there. They said to make the settings 3-4-4-8 and the volts to 2.75 which I did - can't get it above DDR 400. There are more options in the bios but I can't find anything on them. Here they are in total:

MHZ - trying to get to 550
CAS latency (Tcl)
Min Ras# active time (Tras)
Row percharge time (Trp)
Row cycle time (Trc)
Row refresh cycle time (Trfc)
Read-to-write time (Trwt)
1T/2T memory timing
S/W Dram over 4G remapping (Enabled or not?)
H/W Dram over 4G remapping (Enabled or not?)

Can somone please help me get these settings right so I can get to DDR 550?

Whats the rest of your system specs. Just because the RAM is rated DDR550 doesn't mean it'll run that unless the rest of your system is set properly.

Roger,
Should be pretty set,
FX-57 CPU
A8N-SLI N-Force 4 Deluxe Mobo
2GB of the Corsair XMS DDR 550
2 74gb Raptors in 0 Raid @ 10K
Dual 7800GTX KO in SLI

Run memtest to see if you have any errors at 400MHz. Do you have 2 X 1g sticks of ram. Try 2t timings if you have it set to 1t.
also make sure HHT is set to 4x up to 250 fsb. 3x up to 333 fsb when overclocking the fsb.

Give a list of your bios settings and the highest overclock you got.
Also run some test on each thing of memory with memtest. You could have a bad stick or a bad Dimm slot.

I got to 400mhz with the 3-4-4-8 setting. I left everything else stock.
Row refresh cycle time (Trfc) set to 12
Read-to-write time (Trwt) set to 16
1T/2T memory timing set to 2T
S/W Dram over 4G remapping Enabled
H/W Dram over 4G remapping Enabled

Is it my board? On Newegg it says the board can handle up to PC 3200 / DDR 400 - Do I need a new board? If so which one?

Back