• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WEIRD mouse problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

So my buddy had a craped up XP with SP1 so we decide that I should format it for him. We do it together and I teach him how and stuff, and for some reason that I can't figure out the whole mouse works becides the scroller. We're like WTF, look for all kinds of drivers, no drivers for it. All my my mice have worked fine without drivers... so i'm thinking something crazy happened to the mouse.

So he gets a friends and tries it, STILL NO WHEEL! any ideas on what's going on? We got him a 6600 got B&W2 and can't play it becuase we can't adjust the camera (well could with alt controls but he wants the mouse heh).

NVM In the device manager, had to assume there was a mouse scroller (under properties of mouse) and restart...

Weird never had to do that.

Never happened to me either. Whenever I do a complete clean install of XP, it always installed the proper wheel mouse on the first try regardless of it being PS/2 or USB.

Well, microsnot strikes again.

Actually, it is probably not thier fault. did you know that despite everything they do to purify the silicon before making microchips, there is still a tiny trace of impurities and one of those can be uranium? The last I heard, uranium was responsible for something on the order of one error per month per chip (or something like that).

Basically it could have been plain dumb luck.

Back