• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I suck at Intel OC'ing...help me OC my Corsair pc6400 2gig!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I used to be the Intel OC-stud now I'm a Intel OC-dud! :rolleyes:

I can't OC my 2x1gig Corsair pc6400 for nothing. I have it in a Asus P5LD2 rev. 1.02 mobo. My chip is 560j. I have the PCI-e set to 100, PCI to 33, DDR ratio to 400, mem voltage 2.3v. I can bump it up to 285 max but I get reboots. I am running it at 275 right now. I have tried tight timings and relaxed timings tightest was 4-2-2-5 @ 275 loosest was 5-5-5-17 @ 285. I can't figure it out. this mem should do 1K. It has the Micron D9 IC's.

My mobo probably aint the best but its all i have for niow.

Any help is apprecieated... :welcome:

Have you tried stock? If it can't do 5-5-5-12 @ 2.1v @ 800MHz then it needs to be RMA'd.

What do you mean you have the
DDR ratio to 400
???

EDIT:

Have you tried dividers? Try a 5:4 and see how high you can take your chip... Try small increases in voltage. Your processor might be the guilty party... that RAM is fast as hell

mdameron said:
Have you tried stock? If it can't do 5-5-5-12 @ 2.1v @ 800MHz then it needs to be RMA'd.

What do you mean you have the
???

EDIT:

Have you tried dividers? Try a 5:4 and see how high you can take your chip... Try small increases in voltage. Your processor might be the guilty party... that RAM is fast as hell

Which one is 5:4? 667?

with my intel board the dividers change depending on fsb (1:1 = ddr600 when fsb is at 300 etc) are you sure you're on the right one? do you know your board can do these fsbs? if it's micron d9 'fatbody' the ram should do over 400mhz ddr800 at 5-3-3.

I think the mem can do it but I'm not to sure about the mobo. I am having problems with the mobo. It won't shut down or reboot properly.

I have tried it at RAM ratio 400 which is 1:1 or so I'm told by Sen. I can only get it to 285 fsb on that setting

I think I need a P5WD2 like you dog. :)

Aidenswarrior, this is DDR2, so voltage is 1.8v default. Looks like he's running 2.3v which would be like 3.1v with regular DDR.

Hmmm, I would back down the O/C and try using the 3:4 ratio (I think that would be the 533 setting with Asus mobos). I would also try less voltage, like maybe 2.0v, some RAM don't do well with a lot of juice. I would also set the timing to SPD temporarily to take that variable out. Now try 250 FSB to see what happens. That is DDR2-667 if you use the 3:4 ratio. This is also more memory speed than you currently have gotten. Report back if this works.

Thanks batboy!

I tried 533 ratio setting @ 250 and it gave me DDR2-500. I tried 600 ratio and it gave me DDR 625. This is the first time I noticed the DDR-600 setting.

I have my mem set to DDR-600 with 250fsb~2.0v~SPD~14x

And I got this....much better!
250.jpg

This board has a divider issue. All of my fsb bumps at 3:5 from 270 - 285 all end up the same. Even with the bios fsb setting to 285 it still reads 270 speeds in CPU-z 1.30 and Sandra. This is 270 @ 3:5

Attachments

• 270 3 to 5.JPG
    270 3 to 5.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 85
Here is 285....same thing... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 285 3 to 5.JPG
    285 3 to 5.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 87
Something weird is going on. I wish Asus would just list out the actual ratios. At least you know the memory will do DDR2-667. CPU-Z 1.30 is the lastest version. Have you updated the BIOS to the newest? Isn't there some terminal voltage or whatever that needs to be bumped on those newer Asus mobos?

THanks for the replys fellas. I'm RMA'ing this board. It reboots periodically with occasional blackscreens for no reason at all. Man I am bent! :mad: This board has put me behind on other projects big time! I think I'm gonna get a refund and buy a different Intel 775 board.

Yeah, that does sound like mobo fuzzing out.

I recently got an Abit AW8, but it's still in the box. I have to rebuild my watercooling system before I can get it up and running. My lovely wife has me busy getting ready to move at the moment, so I can't give you a personal report, but others are having good luck with the AW8 if you use the latest BIOS.

The mobo of choice for most folks appears to be the Asus P5WD2. I've heard people getting awesome O/Cs out of 'em.

Back