• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this... ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
i just got myself an Asus vento case - it's huge but I like the look and [plenty of space for plenty of drives :)

Anyways... imagine sliding off the side panel to reveal the top of the MoBo...
Look to the bottom left corner... there is a small switch fixed to the case - when the side panel is taken of/put back on, it connect/deiconnects the switch.

out of the back of the switch there are two wires (red and black). the connector on the end of the wires says "CLOCK".

never heard of or seen thias before - any ideas?

my guess is that it is an "open case" sensor???

Any help appreciated.

-MILLARD-

Some mobo have case open feature but not very often. And not one of the best feature either because what good does that do? All it dos is warn that someone had opened the case but if someone were to open the case without authorization chances are the PC will be missing the hardware due to sticky fingers.

It's often better to use the loop tab on the back of the case and install either the padlock or security cables through it to prevent the case panel from being removed.

Chasis intrusion detection switch. Many OEM computers have this feature. If you botherboard supports it, it detects when the case has been opened and can alert you next time you turn on the computer.

thought so... I got the Asus A8N-SLI MoBo... I have had a look on the board itself and cannot find anywhere it is likley to go...

BUT... as already stated... "what good does that do?". I'll just remove the switch. 2 less wires toclutter up the case :D

It does good if you want to know when someone opens the case. That's good for places where other people are using the computer a lot, and you want to know if anyone messes with it.

Back