• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB MAXED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
297x9 and my Crucial is at 1:1 (is 297 the max?) I've tried all kinds of different settings, including 2T, loosen timings to 3-4-4-10, uped voltage to 3.2v everything...nothing seems to get me past 297mhz. It always gives me 2-5 errors on tests 4&5 of memtest v3.2 @ 300mhz.
Is there anyway to burn these things in or another method to get more mhz out of them? I don't want to loosen timings, as for only a few more mhz would not be worth loosing the timings...my goal is 300x9 (only 3 more mhz, but that's a goal I can't hit :() TIA

You're maxed more than likely. Unless you can get more speed out of it with 3.1v or 3.2v, I'm thinking you're done unless you drop your multi & use a high HTT & a divider. The problem with this though is that your only options from here is a 7x multi with a 396MHz HTT & a 3/4 divider for 2.77GHz, 297MHz memory which may or may not be feasible. Overall your system performance won't really be helped by this. Your best hope is to up the voltage a little & see where you stand after.

you know what, right after I posted this, i don't know what happened, but i just ran 3 passes of memtest at 297x9 @ 3.0vdimm, then tried 298..passed! then 299, PASSED! hmm..and voltage is at 2.8v now!
I tried them in yellow slots and it won't boot past post. Orange slots are the way to go...and I guess i'll just have to keep running memtest over and over.

these sticks dont like high volts .. i have gotten 301mhz with only 2.8 as well :)

Back