• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

d875pbz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B0b5ter

hi all im new to oc and overclockin in general ,but im learning fast.i tryd a search without any luck(meybe im useing wrong words) so now im seeking the help of the experts on oc.
i have a northwood 2.8, its 1 of the earlier ones, and a intle d875pbz canterwood mobo, with 1 gig of dual channel pc3200 ram. ram timings are at 2325. i also have a thermalright copper heatsink and a 92mm tornado fan. with a 4% oc im getting 2.91 very very stalble, but i think that is the max my bios will allow, im really new to overclocking so correct me if im wrong-intle boards wont overclock any further so can i get a different bios or do i need a different mobo altogether. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

You are correct. Changing the BIOS will not help. Intel motherboards do not allow you to overclock very well.
I was in the same situation as you about a year ago. I chose an Abit IC7g-MAX II motherboard. It has the same chipset as the intel motherboard you have now (875) but allows you to change the front side bus (fsb) and voltages for CPU, Memory, and AGP slot, as well as to lock the frequency of the PCI/AGP bus which are all pretty much required for overclocking. Make sure you also have a very good power supply.

Back