• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Drive Error; Windows and MP4 player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

postaldudeleo

I bought an Archos Av 140 and used it for about a year. Every time I moved files over to it and from it I did it while it was connected through the USB 2.0 drive. I also deleted files from within Windows by dragging to the garbage bin from my player.

Now, though, I have tried to put a 4 GB file on the player And though windows says I have 20.7 gbs free, the player says I don't have enough space. I have heard that there is a problem if the in player interface is not used to delete files.

It there a way I can format my player's hard drive or another way to fix this? My player it appears doesn't count anything deleted while connected to the computer even though it is over half empty.

Anybody heard of this problem before? I heard this happens with ipods and other players too but didn't expect this to happen to me also. :shrug:

Back