• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory support 4 SOYO kt880 Dragon Ver2.0 and other ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbienerd

If anyone has this motherboard out there, what kind of memory will this support?? It's on order right now.. I purchased it in panic after killing my Soyo kt400 platinum mobo (installed memory backwards) Soyo says it supports:

*Provide DUAL Channel DDR for total of Four 184-pin DIMM sockets support up to 4GB
* Supports PC3200/PC2700/PC2100 unbuffered and registered double side DIMMs

Sorry, but what does that all mean?? Does that mean it can only support Dual Channel memory? I have two sticks of DDR400 512mb ultra memory. One is single sided and one is bouble (I'm seriously condsidering not buying Ultra anymore because it seems that their chips change and can be either single or double sided, what makes it theirs is the sticker that says ULTRA. Good memory though) Anyways, am I able to run single channel on this? Does it HAVE to be double sided?? what would happen if I use a single sided stick?? As for the unbuffered / reg part. My memory is unbuffered and non-ecc (is that the same as registered?) Does that mean it has to be unbuffered AND registered?? That doesn't make sense to me. Is that possible??? Or does that mean it can support both unbuffered/non-ecc memory and it can also support registered ram? Please help. I need to know if I have to purchase more ram.

another quickie:

As prev. mentioned... I just killed my prev. mobo by accidentally installing ram backwards with a section sticking out and then shorting the board. The board smells and no post.. so I know it's dead. As for the stick of ram, it looks fine and has no indication of damage (external appearance). Now, the big question is... Will I be able to try and test it on my NEW mobo? Should I even try? If the ram is busted, what are the chances that I will damage my brand new mobo? I'm planning on running memtest on it if it does POST.

Also, just to make me feel better during my down time, anyone know if it's possible that anyother perhiperals were damaged during my booboo?? vid card? cpu? (i purchased a new cpu just in-case) sigh...

I'm really hoping it's just the motherboard I killed. Anyone done this B4??? I'm sooooo mad right now!!!! LOL!!! I put a hole on my door when I smashed my head against it in rage... Grrrrr!!!! Arrrrgggg!!! :bang head

Sorry for the rant.. but I need to vent.. LOL.. I was so mad, I took it all apart and put some holes in my case.. lol just took off the stupid stock fan meshes on my case.. they were really bothering me.. I took some power tools to my case!! Go Dremel!!! After that I took a shower with my lovely new case... I was covered with metal dust and so was the case.. (that's the story I'm going with, at least) better venting now though.. lapped my HS too.. I love thermaltake!!! Anyways.. that's my rant/rave and questions.. if anyone can help or offer advice/tips/anything.. I would appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!!

GGRRRR!!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!

Last edited:
Back