• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this memory any good? and a question about a psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

Ok as i posted in an earlier thread im gonna upgrade and infact im about to spend £275 + £10 delivery

Anyway here are my questions: -

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 UltraX-BH5 CAS2 - is that memory any good? it's in Deal of the Week for £75+vat

now PSU's normally just a 300watt does e but im gonna get abetter one incase i decide to buy 2 gfx card lol anyway here is the one i was considering: -

Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CA-025-EN) - price is good at £65+vat the other one i was considering was the Hipper X is it? but im unsure which to get lol

the oly other thing im ordering which is the dearest is my p180 antect case it's like a li lian and cheaper so it will do hehe

BH5 is good if you have a board that can give it the voltage.

Enermax's are good but I've always found that they output less than other comparable offerings when they are installed in a case.

at that price, look for an OCZ Powerstream 520w. Do you really need modular? If so, have a look at the Sintek 500/600w SLI.

Exactly what components are you going to power?

well at the moment im just uying the above but in a few months i'll get a nice amd processor, prob water cooliong i have a post in the watercooling section, gfx card im going with nvidia but not sure which model yet depends on cash flow minimum will be the 6600/6000GT the board im thinking of getting is this one; -

**B Grade** DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (BG-005-DF) - unless i spend more cash on a better one

like: -
**B Grade** DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (BG-007-DF)
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (BG-009-DF) - tempted by this one

yeah there b-grade but nowt worng with the lol

other than that one ide drive and 2sats at the moment may get another raptor who knows :shrug oh and my dvd and cd writers one of each

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=418324 < my watercooling post (well one of them out the two lol)

edit: going to change to the psu you recommended only an extra 12quid lol

definitely go with the Powerstream 520w. You won't be disappointed.

Those boards should give you enough voltage to enjoy the BH-5. Good choice for low latency.

ok cool i just posted in the memory section some more sticks because im unsure on the memory lol but the psu has benn changed thanks ;)

Back