• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

ok ive decided this order is going through tomorrow night/tuesday morning so a quick reply is appreciated,

ive currently got this memory in the cart: -

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 UltraX-BH5 CAS2 (GLX1GB3200DC) at £94

but are any of these below better?

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 UltraX-BH5 CAS2 (GLX1GB3200DC) at £94

OCZ Technology 1GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Dual Channel Enhanced Latency Series Platinum Memory Kit £100

Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 Ballistix Dual Channel Kit £94

OCZ Technology 1GB PC3500 DDR DIMM Dual Channel Performance Series Memory Kit £120

OCZ Technology 1GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Dual Channel Enhanced Latency Series Memory Kit £118

which would be the best?

I don't have any experience with GEIL but I do own some OCZ memory. I would say the OCZ PC3500 is better since it leaves a little room for overclocking purposes. If you don't overclock you have the option of tightening the timings.

yeah i have no experiance with any thats why im asking ;) the Geil is ment to be "highly" overclockable but ive noticed alot of people on here use the OCZ so im unsure at the moment but like i say im probably going to order it today or tomorrow (it's now monday lol)

I've heard good things about GEIL and most people on this forum use OCZ. Like I said, the only factor that would sway my decision is the PC3500 over the PC3200.

what board and chip is this going with, that makes a big difference in decision making, if the OCZ 3500 is TCCD like the 3200's I would get them, if they are not get the OCZ 3200 plats rev2, they are TCCD and will go faster then that pc3500 will anyway.

im getting this board at the moment:

**B Grade** DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

Chip is undecided it be either a amd 3200 or the 3500 Venice ;)

Back