• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silencer ...POS Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Folks,

I would like to warn everybody regarding the poor quality of the fans on Arctic silencer. About a month ago, the fan on my x800xl died (Gnerma, who I bought it from, was nice enough to offer a replacement..props to you my friend :) ). Today, the fan on the NV Silencer completely broke off the bearing shaft.

I'm shocked by the flimsy brittle quality of the plastic. Looks like it will shatter if dropped! I for one am swearing off all Arctic Cooling products (not that I had a choice, as both cards were purchased used). This is very frustrating.

On the bright side, the TR-V1 on my other 6800GT is kicking ***! A world of difference betwixt the two products.

Just a heads up for anybody considering an aftermarket cooler.

yeah iv had trouble from AC silencer fans too - the silencer fan on my x850xt died because my case is inverted (i have a lian li v2000) and they hadnt designed it to run facing upwards....it lasted less than a day :(

Sorry folks, I don't own a digital camera. However, I'll post low res cellphone pics later tonight.

Now that you mention it, in both cases, the cards were facing downward. Why would somebody make an air cooling product that is directionally dependent? :confused:

I had a thread a while back, and one of the response was from the jab-tech.com rep here who said he stopped carrying artic cooling silencers because of the fans shafts breaking, so Super Nade you are not alone

EvilCloudStrife said:
ship all your broken artic silencer products to me ;)

Will do for a nominal amount. pm for details :)

It would be interesting to know how many people are having the same problem.
In the earlier case, the motor just died out. I mean come-on..is it that hard to put in a quality motor?

But you have to ship it to scandinavia (Sweden or Finland ?), where they make it. Shipping alone would negate the whole purpose of an RMA. What's the point if I have to wait for a month to get a replacement, which would most likely last another month or less?

Back