• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lexar JumpDrive Error/SpyWare error??? help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I own a Lexar FlashDrive, 1Gig JumpDrive Secure. I have had no problems with it until this past week. I am only using it with Windows XP operating systems.

Whenever I insert the JumpDrive into my computer as well as remove it, I get the same error message in a window that appears on my desktop called

Windows File Protection:
"Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of those files.
Insert the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM"

I have seen by googling "windows file protection" that the above could be a spyware called VX2. I have used both SpyBot and AdAware (in conjunction with LavaSoft's VX2 cleaner plug in)....Both softwares have not found anything.

I have no idea why I am getting this message. As soon as I put the drive in I get it, and when I remove the drive I get the same problem. I have never had this happen before.

Second, I only have this problem on my computer, not at the office. And I have two other flash drives that do not have this error message pop up either.

What's going on????

Back