• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ booster + bh5 memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radadman

I really thought I'd be getting at least 250Mhz@2-2-2-6-1t with about 3.5v but thats not happening. Max. at 2.8v is about 224, with booster at 3.6v max. is about 235. Sure I can run this memory at 250 only with 2t enabled and relaxed timimgs, but bandwith sucks. I'm not no memory expert but I tried every memory setting in bios and with a64 tweaker. Maybe I got bad bh5 sticks, maybe all the people I see on the net getting 260, 270 and even more with this combo are just posting and booting into windows and not runnning 3dmark, sandra etc.
I'm hoping you guys running the same combo can maybe post some a64 tweaker shots, so I can see if i'm doing something wrong or if I just got bad sticks. In any case I think I should be getting at least 240 at the tightest timings???

You may already be doing this, but I was told to get he max benefit from the booster to set the vdimm in the bios to the minimum and let the booster do the work of getting it up to the desired voltage. Good luck with it.

rseven said:
You may already be doing this, but I was told to get he max benefit from the booster to set the vdimm in the bios to the minimum and let the booster do the work of getting it up to the desired voltage. Good luck with it.

Yea tried that, it allows up 3.9v. without 3.7-3.8v. Temp's are HOT ram running at 42-48C, booster HS 64-72C at 3.6v, scared to try more than 3.6v!

Mdogs444 said:
Are you sure you got BH-5 UTT's on those Twinmos or CH-5??

yes early BH5's (311we & 303we). Don't know about UTT's but I think not. Mine are several years old now

Last edited:
you might need to tweak the alpha timings in windows thru A64 tweaker since that board doesnt allow u to change a whole lot of memory timings other than the basic few. BH5 need to be fine tuned. You can raise the voltage up on the booster ( i hope you have active cooling on the memory and booster ) and boot into windows with ur most stable oc and then take it higher after fiddling with the A64 tweaker timings and using clockgen to go higher.

Mate,

You absolutely need active cooling if are overvolting your RAM. I'm running my BH-5 (not UTT BH) at 270MHz, 3.6V with TWO 80 mm fans blowing air over the RAM. This is absolutely necessary!

Back