• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about dual channel????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbienerd

Am I able to use normal DDR memory on dual channel slots? What I mean is, is dual channel like RAID for RAM??? I know you have to have a matched pair. Is that all that is required? What is the difference between the single sticks you buy and what the stores try to market as dual channel sticks? Is it only marketed as such because they ensure that it is a matched pair? That's all I can think of for now...

Please post answers for my other thread.. I really need some answers thanks..

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=418295

Double data rate (DDR)is ram in which data is sent on both the rising and falling edges of clock cycles in a data burst. Yes, the dual sticks are supposed to be a matched pair. The single sticks are the same minus a matching stick. There are folks who believe that the DC sets are just a way of the ram manufacturers to just charge more money. I wouldn't be shocked if this were true of some of them, but I honestly don't know.

Back